East San Gabriel Valley Coalition for the Homeless
East San Gabriel Valley Coalition for the Homeless (ESGVCH) is a non-profit, 501c3 charitable organization with a mission to bring hope and restore dignity to individuals and families who are homeless in the San Gabriel Valley region. Our goal is always to assist people to find permanent housing and assist them to become self-supporting. Toward this end ESGVCH:
- Provides emergency and transitional shelter programs
- Alleviates hunger by providing food
- Assists with basic daily needs: clothing, hygiene, and transportation
- Stabilizes individuals and families by making referrals for housing, jobs, education & healthcare
- Raises community awareness about issues related to homelessness
- Works collaboratively with others to end hunger and homelessness.
ESGVCH has four programs: (1) Emergency Assistance Center located in Hacienda Heights is where clients come to receive direct aid (up to 500 client visits per month); (2) Transitional Housing Program which consists of two apartments rented by ESGVCH for families who are transitioning back to permanent housing; (3) Winter Shelter Program that operates within six participating churches located throughout East San Gabriel Valley. Partner churches donate space for the shelter (2 weeks at a time) during winter months. Last winter over 1100 unduplicated persons spent one or more nights at ESGVCH Winter Shelter Program; The Los Angeles Housing Services Authority (LAHSA) released its 2015 count in San Gabriel Valley showing that the number of people living unsheltered is now 1,794, a 21% increase over the 2013 number of 1,427. Most alarming is the increasing numbers of families without shelter. The need for emergency shelter continues to increase. (4) Our newest program is the Encore Program, which provides support for outpatient therapy for the homeless who are addicted to substances and seek recovery.
ESGVCH operates under the authority of an all volunteer Board of Directors with a small paid staff to insure that over 95% of resources are available to directly aid the homeless.
THANK YOU TO OUR
- Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Community Benefits
- Popular Community Bank Hacienda Heights Branch
- City of Baldwin Park