ESGVCH WINTER SHELTER STAFF (San Gabriel Valley)
*Part-time, temporary, no benefits (Dec. 1 — Feb 29).
*Successful applicants must have:
- Current CA Drivers License
- High School Education
- Writing skills for filling out reports and forms
- Able to work either shift: Eve (4 pm-12 am) or Night (12 am-7:30 am)
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Physical requirements: Able to lift 50 lbs; Able to standing, bend or stoop frequently.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the direction of Lead Staff, shelter staff are responsible to oversee nightly operations of the shelter and assure safety and efficiency. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Check-in with lead staff on arrival for assigned duties;
- Assist with intake procedures and logistics of setting up or taking down tables, chairs, cots, and distributing of blankets;
- Observe activities of shelter guests at all times for compliance with shelter rules during shelter hours;
- Be responsive and supportive of program volunteers and on-site church personnel;
- Maintain cleanliness of showers and rest rooms, replace supplies as necessary during shelter hours;
- Clean up of shelter in the morning after guests leave, includes cleaning restrooms, showers, mopping floors in shelter, and cleaning up litter outside;
- One or two staff members will be assigned to ride on bus with, next to bus driver to assure orderly conduct of shelter guests during transport to and from shelter;
- Shelter staff will report violations of shelter policies to Lead Staff and/or Security. Complete an Incident Report;
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Staff or Shelter Director;
- Attend orientation day on a designated Saturday in November. Winter Shelter opens Dec. 1.
Last night of shelter is Feb. 29.
>>Click to Download Application
Please email/mail/fax the application along with a resume to: email@example.com
Mailing address: PO Box 93256 City of Industry, CA 91715 / Fax #: (626) 333-72600